Policies and Commitments
Our Corporate Responsibility Policy – established in 2006 – formalizes the principles that guide Syngenta in all its business activities. Responsibility for implementing the policy approved by the Board of Directors lies with the Syngenta Executive Committee. In this it is supported by a Corporate Responsibility Committee.
The Committee has established a company-wide data collection system, monitoring and reporting on performance against agreed metrics, and proposing standards, strategy, objectives, training and partnerships. It comprises two Board members, two Executive Committee members and four function managers. The Executive Committee reviews performance regularly and reports to the Board annually.
Corporate Responsibility Policy
Syngenta is guided by the conviction that value creation depends on the successful integration of business, social and environmental performance Syngenta is committed to promote and maintain high standards of corporate responsibility worldwide in an industry that is essential to global agriculture and food production. The company acts in accordance with its Code of Conduct and its Health, Safety and Environmental Policy, which embrace internationally accepted regulations and the highest scientific standards
Corporate Responsibility Commitments
Wherever Syngenta operates, it aims to:
- Maintain high ethical standards in all business practices
- Contribute to sustainable agriculture in the production of healthy food and the conservation of biodiversity
- Promote safe, healthy and resource efficient practices for the production, handling and disposal of its products
- Implement high standards of stewardship for the safe, effective and environmentally responsible use of its products
- Encourage and support its suppliers and customers to adopt comparable responsibility standards
- Value and respect the diverse talent and creative potential of its employees
- Make a positive contribution to the communities where it has operations
- Seek and respond to feedback from its stakeholders